TMPCC RULES, REGULATIONS AND CODE OF CONDUCT
THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY TO ALL MEMBERS
The Television Motion Picture Car Club (TMPCC) is an exclusive organization for those who work in or are associated with the television, motion picture, music, radio, sports and motorsports industries.
Our goal since the club’s founding in 2009 has been to bring together those who work in all areas of entertainment and create an atmosphere where you can connect with old friends, make new ones and share your passion for the automobile. The club was also designed to be a safe haven for our more recognized members. Because of this, our celebrity members do not have to worry about being harassed by gawkers, stalkers or the paparazzi while attending our private TMPCC hosted events.
Since our members are representatives of the TMPCC, what you do or say reflects on our entire organization. Therefore, the TMPCC has established the following Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct that apply to our entire membership. Any violation of these rules can result in your expulsion from the club.
RULES, REGULATIONS AND CODE OF CONDUCT:
1) Membership in the TMPCC is a privilege. Due to the stature of our club, the events we host have the potential to attract new members, sponsors and media coverage. Therefore it is important that our members act professional and look presentable at all times.
2) One of the founding principles of the TMPCC is that it shall be a safe haven for our more recognized members. This means our private TMPCC events are designed to allow all our members the opportunity to enjoy themselves without being harassed by gawkers, stalkers or the paparazzi. Because of this, we ask that our members respect the privacy of our celebrity members. With that said, we strongly stress that you DO NOT bother them for autographs and/or pictures (including selfies) while at a TMPCC hosted event. Many celebrities consider autographs and posing for pictures an annoyance and we want all our members (celebrity or otherwise) to feel comfortable when attending any of our events. Should we host an event where our celebrity members agree to do an autograph session, this is the proper setting to request autographs or ask them if you can take a photo or selfie with them.
3) Membership in the TMPCC is almost exclusively by invitation only. If you are a current member in good standing and you know someone who would like to join, you may invite them to fill out an application which can be downloaded from the JOIN TMPCC page on this website. Since you are vouching for their character, they must list you as the sponsoring member. They are to forward the application, along with their dues to the address on the bottom of the application. After we confirm that the sponsoring member did in fact sponsor the member candidate and that the member candidate's character is beyond reproach, the member candidate will be granted membership.
4) If you wish to become a member but you do not know a current member who can sponsor you, write us from the CONTACT page on this website. Supply a link to your IMDB page or provide a list of credits and/or references verifying that you work or have worked in the television, motion picture, music, radio, sports or motorsports industries. We perform background checks on member candidates, so please be honest. If you are found to be a suitable candidate for membership, you will be allowed to join the TMPCC.
5) Potential members must meet the following criteria:
a) You work in or have worked in the entertainment industry in some way, shape or form.
b) You agree to participate in at least one TMPCC hosted event per year (see item 10).
c) You agree to support and represent the club in a dignified fashion.
6) Members are encouraged to help at our events. Those who volunteer are allowed to arrive early, and you will receive the best possible placement of your vehicle at our events.
7) New members will receive a personalized and laminated TMPCC membership badge and TMPCC decal for their vehicle. Be mindful that displaying our club decal means you are representing the TMPCC at all times while you are in your vehicle. In addition, remember that you are representing our club every time you wear your TMPCC membership badge.
8) Members must show respect towards their fellow members and other enthusiasts. There is to be no trash talking, belittling, snide comments or disrespect of any person or their vehicle. Lewd behavior, lewd gestures, profanity, stalking, discrimination, racial slurs, sexual harassment, physical altercations, online insults and other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
9) Be respectful of other people’s property. Do not touch, lean against or sit in any vehicle you do not own without the owner’s permission. And of course you are never to engage in any act of vandalism, theft or destruction of another person’s property.
9A) One of the benefits of TMPCC Membership is that our members are allowed to bring their significant other, an immediate family member or a trusted friend to a TMPCC event (unless an event states otherwise). Your guest must attend with you and it is the members responsibility to insure that any guest you invite abides by the rules set forth in this document. If your guest does not abide by these rules, the member who invited them risks expulsion from the club.
9B) Members and their guests are not to divulge the dates, times or locations of our PRIVATE events. This is for the security of our celebrity members, so they are not bothered by gawkers, stalkers or the paparazzi while attending a private club event. It is the members responsibility to insure that any guest you invite abides by this rule and the other rules set forth in this document. If your guest does not abide by these rules, the member who invited them risks expulsion from the club.
10) We all have busy schedules, but a big part of what makes the TMPCC such a wonderful organization is the family dynamic we all share. This bond can only be achieved by attending our events and getting to know your fellow members. Because of this, members who live within 150 miles of downtown Los Angeles are required to attend one TMPCC hosted event per year. This can include our Annual Car Show, our Annual Movie Night or any Members Meets we host throughout the year. Those who live beyond that distance are NOT required to abide by this rule. Sponsors are also not required to abide by this rule.
11) If you register for an event, do your best to attend. We have a limited number of display spaces at our Annual Car Shows and other events, and if you do not show up, it can result in an open space in the show. It is also a huge disappointment to those members on the backup list who wanted to participate and display their vehicle. With that said, if you have registered and been confirmed for an event but you are unable to attend for any reason, please email club headquarters in advance and let us know that you need to cancel. This will allow us to place someone from our backup list into your space.
12) Member's vehicles shall be registered, insured and in a safe operating condition when displayed at a club event. Depending on the circumstances, this may not apply to race only vehicles.
13) Members are required to obey all local, state and federal laws and regulations. Fortunately we have never had a problem but it goes without saying that no illegal drugs or weapons are allowed at a TMPCC event. You are also not to conduct any reckless or dangerous driving, including exhibition of speed upon any public roadway, parking lot or event venue, and if you are found to be street racing, immediate expulsion will occur. If you want to race, do it on the track.
14) If you have a concern or complaint about club dynamics, speak with or email a club officer. Do not post concerns or complaints about the club or its members anywhere online without talking to a club officer first. Please remember to give any dispute adequate time to be resolved.
15) No member shall engage in any verbal argument with an event coordinator, sponsor or fellow member at an event. Instead, they should speak with a club officer who will deal with any disputes or problems that may occur.
16) Termination of a member will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Should a member be terminated, they must remove any association with the club from their vehicle, website and social media pages.
17) Any violation of the above rules may subject the offending member to expulsion from the club without a warning or hearing.
18) If you witness any club member violating the above Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct, we encourage you to speak with a club officer or write us via the CONTACT page on this website. Those who report any violation of club rules shall remain anonymous.
19) The TMPCC Executive Committee is comprised of members who have volunteered to put forth the time it takes to help run our club either behind the scenes or at our events. They are the backbone of our club and are held in the highest regard. All positions on the TMPCC Executive Committee are by appointment, and are based on a member’s professional reputation and their willingness to help run the club. We have positions available from time to time, so if you would like a role in the TMPCC, let us know.
20) The Television and Motion Picture Car Club (TMPCC) strives to make each of its events as enjoyable and safe as reasonably possible for all who participate and those who attend as spectators. Nonetheless, any activity involving automobiles, even when on static display, carries with it certain inherent dangers which may increase when vehicles involved in the event are running while remaining stationary or moving. By attending any TMPCC event, that it either organizes or attends as a group, and whether you are attending either as a participant or a spectator, you agree, for yourself, your heirs, successors, administrators, successors and assigns, forever and irrevocably to waive, relinquish and release any and all claims of any type or nature whatsoever against its officers, members, participants, sponsors, supporters, exhibitors and vendors with regard to damage or destruction of personal property, including theft, and also from any claim of bodily injury or loss of life in connection therewith which occurs at or arises from or is in any way related to the TMPCC event. You further agree that the TMPCC may use, film, videotape or photographs of you and/or your vehicle for TMPCC’s website or other club specific purposes.