TMPCC RULES, REGULATIONS AND CODE OF CONDUCT
THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY TO ALL MEMBERS
The Television Motion Picture Car Club (TMPCC) is a private organization for those who work in or are associated with the television, motion picture, music, radio, sports and motorsports industries.
Our goal ever since the founding the TMPCC in 2009 has been to bring together those who work in all areas of entertainment and create an atmosphere of camaraderie, where you can connect with old friends, make new ones and share your passion for the automobile. The club was also designed to be a safe haven for our more recognized members. Because of this, our celebrity members do not need to worry about being harassed by gawkers, stalkers or the paparazzi while attending our private TMPCC events.
Since each and every member is a representative of the TMPCC, what you do or say reflects on our entire organization. Therefore the TMPCC has established the following Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct that apply to our entire membership. Any violation of these rules may result in your expulsion from the club.
RULES, REGULATIONS AND CODE OF CONDUCT:
1) Membership in the TMPCC is a privilege. Due to the stature of our club, the events we host or attend have the potential to attract new members, sponsors and media coverage. Therefore it is important that our members act responsibly, and we ask that you look presentable at any event we host or attend.
2) One of the founding principles of the TMPCC is that it shall be a safe haven for all members. That means our private club events allow each and every member to enjoy themselves without being harassed by gawkers, stalkers or the paparazzi. To ensure this, members are NOT allowed to divulge the date, time or destination of any private TMPCC event to anyone outside the club.
2a) You are NOT to bother our celebrity members for autographs and/or pictures, selfies or videos while at a TMPCC hosted event. This rule does not apply to official club photographers or videographers, whose specific task is to capture images and/or videos of our events for club purposes. Understandably, many celebrities view autographs and picture taking as an annoyance and we want all our members to feel comfortable and at ease while attending a TMPCC event. Should we host an event where our celebrity members agree to do an autograph session, this is the proper time and place to request autographs or ask to take a photo or selfie with them.
3) Membership in the TMPCC is almost exclusively by invitation. If you are a current member in good standing and you know someone who would like to join, you may invite them to fill out an application which can be downloaded from the JOIN TMPCC page on this website. Since you are vouching for their character, they must list you as the sponsoring member. They are to forward the application, along with their dues to the address on the bottom of the application. After we confirm that the sponsoring member did in fact sponsor the member candidate and that the member candidate's character is beyond reproach, the member candidate will be granted membership.
3a) For those who wish to become a member but do not know a current member who can sponsor them, please write us from the CONTACT page on this website. Supply a link to your IMDB page or provide a list of credits and/or references verifying that you work or have worked in the television, motion picture, music, radio, sports or motorsports industries. We perform background checks on each and every member candidate, so please be honest. If you are found to be a suitable candidate for membership, you will be allowed to join the TMPCC.
3b) We also allow a small number of non-entertainment industry people to join the TMPCC. These include some of the world's most renowned automotive designers, custom car builders, magazine writers and other serious enthusiasts that our members know and vouch for. All non-entertainment industry member candidates must be sponsored by a member in good standing before they will be accepted to the TMPCC.
4) Member candidates must meet the following criteria:
a) You work in or have worked in the entertainment industry in some way, shape or form (see items 3 and 3a above).
b) You do not work in the entertainment industry but a member has agreed to sponsor you and vouch for your character (see item 3b).
c) You agree to follow the Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct as specified in this document.
d) You agree to support and represent the club in a dignified fashion.
5) Members are encouraged to help at our events. Those who volunteer will receive the best possible placement of your vehicle at our events and it is a great way to get to know your fellow members.
6) New members will receive a personalized membership badge and TMPCC decal for their vehicle. Be mindful that you are representing the TMPCC each and every time you wear your membership badge. In addition, remember that displaying our club decal means you are representing the TMPCC at all times while you are in your vehicle.
7) Members must show respect towards their fellow members and other enthusiasts. There is to be no trash talking, belittling, snide comments or disrespect of any person or their vehicle. Lewd behavior, profanity, stalking, discrimination, sexual harassment, physical altercations, online insults and other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
8) Be respectful of other people’s property. Do not touch, lean against or sit in any vehicle you do not own without the owner’s permission. And of course you are never to engage in any act of vandalism, theft or destruction of another person’s property.
8a) Members are allowed to bring their significant other, immediate family or a friend to a TMPCC event (unless an event states otherwise). Your guest(s) must attend with you and it is the members responsibility to ensure that any guest you invite abides by the rules set forth in this document.
8b) Members and their guest(s) are not to divulge the dates, times or locations of our PRIVATE TMPCC events. This is for the security of all our members, so they are not bothered by gawkers, stalkers or the paparazzi while attending a private club event. It is the members responsibility to ensure that any guest(s) you invite to one of our events abides by this rule and the other rules set forth in this document.
9) We all have busy schedules, but a big part of what makes the TMPCC such a wonderful organization is the family dynamic we all share. This bond can only be achieved by attending our events and getting to know your fellow members. Because of this, we ask that each member do their best to attend at least one TMPCC hosted event per year.
10) If you register for an event, do your best to attend. We understand changes in schedules, so if you register for an event but you are unable to attend for any reason, please email the club in advance at TMPCC@TMPCC.ORG and let us know that you need to cancel.
11) Members vehicles must be registered, insured and in a safe operating condition when displayed at any event we host or attend. This may not apply to "race only" vehicles that are trailered to the event (which will be determined on a case by case basis).
12) Members are required to obey all local, state and federal laws and regulations. You are not to conduct any reckless or dangerous driving, including exhibition of speed upon any public roadway, parking lot or event venue.
13) If you have a concern or complaint about club dynamics, speak with or email a club officer. Do not post concerns or complaints about the club or its members anywhere online without talking to a club officer first. Please give any dispute adequate time to be resolved.
14) Members shall not engage in verbal arguments with an event coordinator, sponsor or fellow member at any event. Instead, they should speak with a club officer who will deal with any disputes that may occur.
15) Any violation of the above rules may subject the offending member to expulsion from the club without a warning or hearing.
16) If you witness any club member violating the above Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct, we encourage you to speak with a club officer or write us via the CONTACT page on this website. Those who report any violation of club rules shall remain anonymous.
17) Termination of a member will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Should a member be terminated, they must remove any association with the club from their vehicle, website and social media pages.
18) The TMPCC Executive Committee is comprised of members who have volunteered to put forth the time it takes to help run all aspects of the club. They are the backbone of the TMPCC and are held in the highest regard. All positions on the TMPCC Executive Committee are by appointment, and are based on a member’s reputation, their willingness to help run the club and their area of expertise. We have positions available from time to time, so if you would like a role on the TMPCC Executive Committee, let us know.
19) The Television and Motion Picture Car Club (TMPCC) strives to make each of its events as enjoyable and safe as reasonably possible for all who participate and those who attend as spectators. Nonetheless, any activity involving automobiles, even when on static display, carries with it certain inherent dangers which may increase when vehicles involved in the event are running while remaining stationary or moving. By attending any TMPCC event, that it either organizes or attends as a group, and whether you are attending either as a participant or spectator, you agree, for yourself, your heirs, successors, administrators, successors and assigns, forever and irrevocably to waive, relinquish and release any and all claims of any type or nature whatsoever against its officers, members, participants, sponsors, supporters, exhibitors and vendors with regard to damage or destruction of personal property, including theft, and also from any claim of bodily injury or loss of life in connection therewith which occurs at or arises from or is in any way related to the TMPCC event. You further agree that the TMPCC may use, film, videotape or photographs of you and/or your vehicle for TMPCC’s website or other club specific purposes.
20) These rules, regulations and code of conduct are subject to change without notice. We will do our best to notify our membership of any changes but we ask that you review this page on a regular basis.